Friday, February 24, 2012
I have been inspired to write the last few days on this topic however, I have been collecting my own thoughts and trying to find time to write. While I have been collecting my thoughts I have found some pictures to help go along with this post and it maybe kind of lengthy. To help shorten the posts I will post the pics on the pics page. There have been a few events which have triggered the inspiration on the topic of life but it isn't just life but life lessons. Two weeks ago I had counseling and I was given a key. Its not a key to open a door in the physical realm but a key to unlock a world with in my soul. The key was a quote "Once we accept things for what they are. "it is what it is" then change will occur". I was given a week to think on what it meant and how change can occur once we accept things for what they are. Long story short and more explanation on this will be later. I came up with it but I danced around it and I feel I came up with the answer in essence. Then Wednesday a friend of mine's daughter was rushed to the hospital because she tried to attempt suicide. There has also been another friend who her son's friend committed suicide. There has been many young people recently attempting suicide and those who have succeeded. It breaks my heart to hear such news. There are people who deal with mental illness everyday and when someone hears this news they think they can force themselves to be better. They may say that if they just do this and do that then things will be better. What they don't realize is what they are saying is lies and in a way its their way of dealing with the news and denying that mental illness exists. I deal with bi polar depression everyday. I have been dealing with depression since I was 13. At such a young age I not only tried to attempt suicide by playing chicken when walking to the library but I took to food for comfort. My mom tried to get me help but the doc that I was seeing at the time I couldn't openly talk about what I was dealing with. In the summer of 2009 I started to cut myself and even writing poetry helped some but cutting for me was a thrill. I am not proud that I started to cut but it started the road to where I needed help. My current ex who I tried to date once again in the fall of that year didn't help to my feelings or my illness. Currently I am dealing better with my bi polar depression not only because I am on meds but I have lived the quote above without realizing it until now. Many of us have lived this quote without realizing it. In 2010 I started to see a counselor and saw a doc who was just treating me for depression at the time. The reason I started seeing a counselor was because I finally said "Enough is enough. Life sucks and I am tired of it". I accepted things for what they were and then change started to occur for me. In less than a year I made progress in all areas of my life because I was able to see the whole picture and not just one view of life. While seeing the whole view of things in my life that sucked I was able to see options that were available. I am not the only one who deals with depression in my family either. My mom deals with depression and seasonal depression and my sister deals with it. They have also attempted suicide and have cut themselves as well. There are many out there who deal with the same issue and are afraid to get help. I love how one friend put it in her blog that depression is a living person. I have to agree with her depression is not just a thing to deal with its a living thing inside of us. It will consume us not just in our thoughts but it casts this dark gloom around us and affects everyone around us that we love and we come into contact with. Once we accept the fact that our life sucks and we accept it for what it is and not just depression but in every aspect of our lives then we can allow change to occur in our lives. I thought about posting not only the following quotes and 45 life lessons and explaining them and giving my opinions on them but I will let you interpret them for yourself. I for one have found this inspiring and life changing and hope that someone will find it helpful.
"1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short – enjoy it.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye But don't worry; God never blinks.
16.. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive but don’t forget.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have not what you need.
42. The best is yet to come...
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
"Hey YOU, yes you. Stop being unhappy with yourself, you are perfect. Stop wishing you were someone else or that someone liked you as much as they like someone else. Stop trying to get attention from those who hurt you. Stop hating your body, your face, your personality, your quirks, Love them. without those things you wouldn't be you. Be confident with who you are. Smile, it'll draw people in. If anyone hates you because you're happy with yourself forget them.. Your happiness doesn't depend on others. Be happy because you love who you are, Love your flaws, Love your imperfections, because they make you and "You" are pretty amazing."
''They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.'' (Andy Warhol)